Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring is Here!!

Hooray! I think Spring has finally arrived. The last few days have been beautiful. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I sure did. My family gave me a wonderful 65th Birthday with all of us getting together on Saturday for a day of fun and food. Had a BBQ for supper and enjoyed the sunshine. Of course I was spoiled with lots of goodies, mostly stamping goodies. Made my day!
This card was made for the Color challenge and Sketch challenge. Love the sketch and really like the colors.


CC216 & SC226

The base is real red run through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder (one of my favorites). Cut out 2 strips of basic black and used the scalloped border punch on both edges. Had some of this great BoBunny 2 sided designer paper, which fit the old olive theme wonderfully. Used the two sides of the paper, one on each strip. The image was stamped with stazon black and heat set, then colored using the aqua painter and ink. I should mention that I used watercolor paper. Painted the image with real red, old olive and creamy caramel. The flower was stamped on vellum and colored with real red, then punched out with the scalloped circle punch. Punched out a white piece of cardstock and laid the vellum, colored side down on the white cs. Used a Nestibilities diecut scallop circle to cut the old olive cs which was then attached to the flower. Added glue dots to pop it up. Opal Pearl Drops were added to the scalloped edges of the black cs and a rub-on butterfly and sentiment finish it off. Ooops!, almost forgot, I used diamond stickles for the centre of the flower.

Thanks for spending some time with me. Have a wonderful day and Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the opal pearl drops on the scallop border!!

    ReplyDelete