Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cowboy Riley

This is the day the Lord has made, be glad and rejoice in it! I have found that on the really tough days the more praise you give to God, the better the day gets. I know we all have those days. Isn't great to know we are never alone, our Savior walks alongside us, at times He carries us. Just had to share that thought.



TLC220

Isn't Riley the cutest, rootinest, cowboy you ever saw? Riley is put out by Hanna Stamps. Mondays technique challenge was to use the Bandana technique which to me just shouted out "Cowboy"! This is the first time I have used this technique and really wasn't too sure what I was doing so I really must try this again.

The base is night of navy, topped by real red which has been stamped in night of navy using the Stitches background stamp. Then you take a white gel pen and kind of follow along the lines to get that bandana effect. You might have to use your imagination here because like I said I need to practice. Riley was stamped with stazon black on whisper white cs and colored with Copics markers and a silver glitter gel pen for his buckle and arrow. Found a scrap piece of Boho SU designer paper, put it vertically and then added two parallel blue ribbons and a red ribbon on top. Added two red ribbon knots. I didn't have a stamp that had a suitable sentiment so I went to my trusty computer and made my own. The sentiment and image are on dimensionals. Added the blue star eyelets to complete the picture. This was a fun one to do.

Keep on praising and happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment