Monday, May 11, 2009

National Strawberry Month

I hope all the Mothers out there had a fantastic Mother's Day and received lots of pampering by their loved ones.

I bet you didn't know that May is National Strawberry Month, well I didn't either. See all the things you learn by taking part in the challenges on Splitcoast. The LSC challenge was to make a card celebrating any special day, week, month that is held in May. You wouldn't believe how many there are. I chose the strawberries, yummy! and combined it with the WT challenge in which we had to use Kraft cardstock. So this is what I came up with.


LSC219 & WT217

The base is Kraft and was run through the Cuttlebug using a folder that for the life of me I cannot remember the name of. I cut 3 square of garden green and 3 of Kraft cardstock. The Kraft was stamped with real red and then I stamped again on another piece of cs in garden green. Cut out the leaves and stem, put them on a dimensional and attached to the strawberry. The sparkle was added by covering with diamond stickles. Each of these layers was popped up on dimensionals after the strip of designer paper from Memory Box was added. The sentiment is on garden green punched with scallop oval and topped with Kraft punched with the word punch and stamped in real red using a Flourishes sentiment. The strawberries are from Tart and Tangy from SU. I can't believe I had this ribbon which was a perfect match color wise and even has strawberries on it. I've had it for a couple of years and had never used it. Once everything was assembled I then pierced all around the card and went over it with white gel pen which makes it look like stitching.

Here is a list of items used: SU Tart & Tangy, Flourishes sentiment, oval scallop punch, work punch, Kraft and Garden Green cardstock, designer paper from Memory Box, dimensionals, diamond stickles, rhinestones, ribbon, piercing tool, white gel pen.

Just wanted to add that as a mother I feel very blessed. God has gifted me with 4 beautiful, loving daughters. What more could I ask for?

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. This card looks so fresh and yummy! Beautiful work!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete