Thursday, May 21, 2009

By the Sea

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we have seen the last of the cold weather. It was beautiful on Saturday, went out and bought all the bedding plants and it turned cold again. In fact it snowed all day on Monday. Good grief, it's May!
Hopefully this beach card will bring a touch of summer or at least the promise of summer. Oh to be sitting on the beach by the ocean.

The stamps used on this card are from Crafty Secrets and the set is called seaside. Love this set, there are so many ways to use it. This card has only two colors of cardstock, so saffron and whisper white. The base is stamped with the SU weathered background stamp and then stamped with the various seashells from the set, all in creamy caramel. I used Nestibilities scallop ovals for the image and scallop circle punch for the sentiment and sponged the edges with creamy caramel. The image is colored with watercolor crayons and a blender pen. Both are popped up on dimensionals. Added a bit of twine and a button seagull. In a month I will be on my way out to BC and the ocean. It will be heaven. God's creation is so awesome.

Keep smiling and happy stamping!

Faith

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness Faith, this is such a lovely creation. I love the ocean and you are headed that way in 1 month. You lucky gal. hope you have a wonderful time. I love your blog and thanks for vising mine.

    ReplyDelete