Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Song

Every Tuesday on Splitcoaststampers there is a color challenge and every Wednesday a sketch challenge. These challenges are a great way to learn new ways of creating cards and for me, have been a wonderful encouragement to step out of my comfort zone and try something totally out of my realm. This card "Spring Song" combines both challenges for this week.





For me, as a Christian, spring means new beginnings, new life, new opportunities to savour the beauty of God's creation. I love hummingbirds so when Stampin' Up came out with this set I just had to get it. When I look at a hummingbird, I know God is real, because only He could create such a wondrous creature.

The base is basic grey and the four panels are rose red. I used Basic Grey Sultry dp on each of the panels. The main image is stamped on whisper white with black Stazon ink. This image is actually one stamp, but I wanted the hummingbird to be out of the box so I cut them apart and cut out the hummingbird so I could pop it up on dimensionals. The coloring was done before I did any cutting. I used an aqua painter and re-inkers to color the image. The hummingbird is colored with rose red on the breast and throat, and the rest is creamy caramel with touches of garden green. The flowers are pink pirouette and old olive. There is just a touch of diamond stickles on the flowers and hummingbird. The flower square is also on dimensionals. To finish it off I added some pearl dewdrops.

Happy stamping! God bless

1 comment:

  1. FAith this is so pretty, love it. I had fun with this sketch and color challenge too. Great job with this duo challenge.

    ReplyDelete