Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Strength

Happy Wednesday! We've hit the middle of the week and all is well. Although, believe it or not, we had some snow today. At least you know at this time of the year it isn't going to hang around.
I was so excited Monday when my order from Our Daily Bread Designs arrived, I just had to sit down and make a card with this gorgeous set. I really appreciate how this company puts the Lord first and witnesses in such a beautiful, positive way. Way to go Kelley! Check out www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com


My Strength

This card is my witness. God truly is my strength, my refuge and ever present help. I have had 4 surgeries in the past 4 years and He has been there with me every step of the way. Thank you ODBD for designing this beautiful set.

The base to this card is SU night of navy which is topped by Basic Grey designer paper. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of the same dp in night of navy. This really is a very simple card to make. Whisper white is stamped with stazon black for the image and then I used my trusty sponge and sponged night of navy for the night sky and sponged always artichoke along the base. The light coming from the lighthouse is Shimmerz candle which is also brushed over the sentiment. The image is on night of navy cs and popped up on dimensionals, ditto for the sentiment. Added a few blue dewdrops and that is it. I wanted the image to have a darkness to it so that the light would glow through. This is such a powerful image that testifies of the power of God's love and how He cares for us through all those rough spots. His light draws us to Him and at the same time reveals the dangers that are out there. He truly is an awesome God!

I just found out this card is going to be the Card of the Week, May 6th on the Our Daily Bread blog. I am so excited and honored. I think that maybe what I tried to portray came through. Check out http://kellrick.typepad.com/our_daily_bread_designs/ on May 6th. Thanks Lorelei, you have made me very happy.

Happy stamping! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment