Sunday, March 29, 2009

Jewelled Pears

Happy Sunday! What a glorious day it is. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and God is pouring out His blessings.
Yesterday I tried, notice I said tried, to post 2 cards at the same time and for the life of me could not get those pictures to move where I wanted them, so I finally gave up and just posted the one. Today is a new day so this time I will get it right.


IC173

It turns out that one of our Canadian stampers, Glenda Mosher, known as RobinRingTail on SCS, not only makes beautiful cards but also is a very gifted artist. The Inspiration Challenge was to check out her blog http://glendamosher.blogspot.com/ and use one of her paintings to inspire a card. I chose "Jewelled Pears" and am very happy with the results.

Once again, this is a very simple card to make. The size is not your normal 4.25"x5.5"; it is 3.5"x6". I needed a long card in order to fit 3 pears on the panel. The base is from Basic Grey's Stella Ruby. Love, love that paper! The center panel is SU Pumpkin Pie and Kiwi Kiss that has been distressed. Each pear was stamped twice so I could cut out one to pop up on dimensionals. The ink colors are Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and More Mustard. The popped up pears have been painted with Ranger Cracked Glass which gives them a bit of a glow. Added some dewdrops and the sentiment to complete the picture.

Here is the recipe: Basic Grey - Stella Ruby; SU pumpkin pie, so saffron, more mustard, whisper white cardstock; SU Ageless Adornment stamp set; Robins Nest dewdrops; Ranger Crackle Accents.

Have a wonderful day, hug your loved ones and cherish your friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment