Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Well, here we are again. Hoping to get some response soon. But, you know what? even if I don't hear from anyone this is a great way to keep a record of my cards.


We had a huge dump of snow here on Sunday but it is much nicer now, so hopefully, Spring is just around the corner. I need to see green grass and flowers!!


If you haven't checked out splitcoaststampers.com yet, you really need to. Roxie posted a great challenge yesterday and this is the card I posted for it today.


This card also is for the CC211. Love the colors, they are very Spring-like. The card base is 4.25"x5.5". Baja Breeze cardstock has been stamped in the same color ink using the SU Paisley background stamp. The long panel is a layer of Kiwi Kiss and Pretty In Pink cardstock topped with Basic Grey LilyKate designer paper. I am in love with Basic Grey paper. The square is a layer of SU Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Pretty In Pink. The Pink as been stamped with Pretty In Pink ink using the SU Tres Chic background stamp. The image panel is Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White that has been stamped with Kiwi Kiss. The two sweet birds were stamped using Baja Breeze for one and Pretty In Pink for the other, then cut out, put on dimensionals and mounted on the branches. I loved the fact that the colors were pink and blue so I could have a girl and a boy. Oh, I know, I am a little weird, but that's okay. lol. The sentiment is stamped in Baja Breeze on Whisper White and layered on Kiwi Kiss. There are little dots of diamond stickles all over the card for a little bling. The final touch is the pearl dewdrops. I love the softness of this card.

Check out Verve Stamps at http://www.vervestamps.com/ for a look-see. They have wonderful, versatile stamps.

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Those birds are so cute. And that is one of my favorite Basic Grey papers. I just might have to case this card but without the birds since I don't have them...lol
    Thanks for sharing

    elisablaze

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft feel this card creates! the pearls are a perfect final touch!!!

    and yes... spring will come to Alberta one day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting Faith. I just happened across your path today. I am new to the blogging thing also. I haven't figured it all out yet but I have been working on a blog too just this past week. I started stamping about eight years ago and I still love stamping. You are doing a good job. I live in Washington state about one hour north of Spokane, WA. I live approximately one hour from the Canadian border. Blessings

    www.kayshandcraftedcrafts.blogspot.com

    klkmlong@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete