Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hoppy Easter

What a messy day this has been! We live in a 62 year old house and have slowly been renovating it. Today was the day to start on the last room to be done, the main bathroom. My DH has been gutting it all day and I am sure there is dirt everywhere. I better get used to it cause it will be that way for a while. He is having to do some changes to the plumbing, tear out some of the walls, tile around the tub, build a new cabinet, put in a new sink and toilet, tile the floor and paint. I can hardly wait to see what it is going to look like when finished.

While DH has been destroying the bathroom I made this card for the Color Challenge on SCS today. The colors are SU Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip. I made an Easter card cause chocolate and Easter just go together. :)

CC212

I recently got this adorable set from Our Craft Lounge so just had to use it. It is called Pea-Nut Bunny. The base is Riding Hood Red with a strip of SU dp 2"x4"running vertically. The image is stamped on whisper white cardstock with Stazon black ink. I used the Gamsol Magic technique to color it. This technique involves using Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. There is an excellent tutorial on www.splitcoaststampers.com for you to refer to. Once I had everything colored I cut out the basket, little rabbit, border and eggs. Added the eggs on dimensionals to the main image panel. Used SU scalloped circle punch for the red and the SU circle punch for the pink and stamped Hoppy Easter in chocolate chip on the pink circle. This was popped up on dimensionals and then added the basket and little bunny on the sentiment. I love stickles so to give a little touch of bling I used diamond stickles in a few spots. This is a great color combination.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment