Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bugs

I hope everyone is having a blessed Sunday! I know the sun is shining somewhere, but I definitely know the Son is shining here.
Yesterday on Splitcoast Steffi had a beautiful inspiration challenge for us. We had to go to the Dazzle Design set and choose from the many beautiful items for our inspiration. The first one I chose was a boy's room with bugs and the second one was a bedding set with Lady bugs. I must have been on some kind of bug juice. :) Anyway the first one did not come up to my expectations but surprisingly enough some people thought it was great. The second one I am much happier with. Here are all the particulars.

IC183

The base is real red. The whisper white has been run through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot folder and a flower edge folder. Then it was punched with the scallop border punch. The images were stamped on whisper white with Stazon black and heat set then colored with Copics. I cut them out and layered on real red squares popped up on dimensionals. The final touch was adding self-adhesive red rhinestones to the flower border. I think it makes a happy, bright, touch of summer card.

Ingredients: Real Red and Whisper white cardstock, Cuttlebug and folders, Copics markers, dimensionals, scallop border punch, self-adhesive red rhinestones.

IC183

First of all I made a magnifying glass by stamping the image in brilliant blue on vellum, then using the Coluzzle I cut the vellum in a circle and cut a piece of the white cs to use as backing, then a circle of only orange to make the rim of the glass. The vellum is turned face down and all layers adhered together. Made my own handle out of choc. chip cardstock. All of this was put on dimensionals. Added a few orange dewdrops and Basic Grey letters to spell the word Bugs. Used the corner rounder punch on three corners.

Ingredients: Basic Grey Dragonfly stamp set, Basic Grey self-adhesive letters, brilliant blue, only orange and whisper white cardstock, vellum, brilliant blue ink, circle Coluzzle, corner rounder punch, dewdrops, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment